5 December 2008

Cotton Wool

that's what I feel like my head's stuffed with.

today has been so mind numbingly boring! I've not done a single constructive thing!
and mainly, what I've thought about all day is what to buy a friend of mine for her birthday. which is this sunday.
And i totally forgot about that till she called yesterday to invite me over to her party.
We've been friends since we were four! i suck :P
Of course, this is only the first time i have EVER forgotten her birthday. and she always forgets mine... but that is really not an excuse!
anyway. anyone who knows me is well aware of the fact that i totally suck at keeping dates in my head.
Which kinda makes me wonder why i took history during my A levels... hmmmmm.... not so bright.

Anyway. What to gift?
December is always the worst month because of that one single question.
There are all the Christmas presents to worry about.
And more then just family etc, there's also the dumb secret santa at work thing. Which puts u in the non-enviable position of having to find a weeks worth of small presents for someone you don't even know all that well! (There are really only so many items of stationary that are gift-able to one person you know...)
and then i have two close friends with birthdays... and weirdly, they're two of the hardest women to shop for that i have EVER known!

So i guess we all know what I'm going to spend my Saturday morning doing. and yes, i do know that going gift hunting the day before a party is kinda last minute. but its not like i have a choice.

No comments: