21 July 2005

more blasts in london

what is wrong with ppl? i don't know.
watched a really good movie yesterday. City of God. brazillian film. won an Oscar... fantastic. a must see according to me... based on a true story about how a boy from the City of God (near Rio) becomes a photographer. it looks at the mob mentality, and why people join gangs. very, very fasinating.
one of the guys at work has all these awsome movies and he's lent me a couple to watch. halfway through this hilarious movie called Warning: Parental Advisory. True story about how Frank Zappa, John Denver and Dee Snider (from Twisted Sister's) defended Rock from censorship, in 1986. brilliantly funny so far.
think I'll go to bed. tis late. and work tmrw. and day after... sigh. busy weekend ahead.
gnite

1 comment:

Anjali said...

what is wrong with ppl? i don't know.

Me either... :( I don't know. But I found a quote the other day about the response on the part of Londoners which made me smile:

When the news reporter said "Shopkeepers are opening their doors bringing out blankets and cups of tea" I just smiled. It's like yes. That's Britain for you. Tea solves everything. You're a bit cold? Tea. Your boyfriend has just left you? Tea. You've just been told you've got cancer? Tea. Coordinated terrorist attack on the transport network bringing the city to a grinding halt? TEA DAMMIT! And if it's really serious, they may bring out the coffee.

It's nice to think that even if things like tea and cookies can't really solve anything, at least there's nothing they can't make you feel better about.

Also- thanks for the offer to call up my mother. :) If you did get around to doing that, it certainly couldn't hurt. But if you didn't, no worries either.

Oh, and I read HP6!!! *g* It was so good! I almost threw a fit at a certain point near the ending, though, and had to go find someone to be hysterical at... And then I cried for a full chapter straight. But I still loved the book.