28 August 2005

Does anyone have a nice time in school?

Well, actually that’s not quite the right question… but I’m not sure what IS! I’m reading through my trip log from this school trek we took to Kugti pass – had this seriously bright (*eye roll*) idea of typing it out so that I have a permanent account of it, and it’s really, really depressing!!!!
This was in 2001, and I had completely forgotten what an insecure and thin-skinned individual I used to be. Hee hee hee… or maybe I’d just forgotten exactly how horrible a time I had in school. Kids are really mean! In fact, I think people are just plain mean.
And I would like to take a moment here to say thank you R and A for being there :) You guys are two of the main reasons why my last years in school were not absolutely horrible. Seriously! But of course, one of the major reasons is that a whole bunch of the really nasty ones passed out of college (and then, from all accounts, attempted to find, and use, every means possible to ‘pass out’ for real! He he he… sorry. Obvious. But I really had to say that. Revenge you know…)
But truly, this account is quite horrible. I would feel really bad if I watched a movie and saw the protagonist getting half the nasty treatment I faced. But looks like I turned out fine :D I hope… In fact, I have this theory that kids who have the worst time in school – on an average, do much better later in life.
Being picked on constantly does one of two things, either u turn out a real wimp ( which seems to be rare, it’s usually the ‘populars’ who are the weakest personalities) or you pick up the whole ‘I’ll show them!” syndrome. I definitely find that the majority of really successful and hard working kids I know, had an awful time in school.
[hmmm... okie, that post was actually written about two nights ago. dint have any net. stupid cable company... gtg now.]

3 comments:

Mixd's Mess said...

what about me? i helped didn't I?

guess who??

(devika)

Rahul Gonsalves said...

Why thank you!:)

Hi D.

R.

Anjali said...

I think it's probably just the age. Kids at a certain age just tend to be a bit nasty no matter what, they're so insecure and confused and all that... I think it's something people tend to grow out of, though. One can hope, at least.

But, yeah... I say that, and then I think... I'm still so glad that the only Aditites I still have to deal with are the few that I liked, since I just can't believe that the rest have grown into anything worthwhile.

That's so mean. I should go to bed, it's only because I'm up too late that I'm letting myself say something like that. *l*