7 June 2005

reading

I just finished this absolutely amazing book.
It’s this science fiction story about a cyborg. Well, that’s really simplifying things… but anyway. The book is Elizabeth Bear’s debut novel and it’s called ‘Hammered’. At first I wasn’t really sure if I was going to like it, but then it totally sucked me in. and before I knew it I couldn’t put it down. So there I was, at 4 am last night all psyched up, and with that awesome feeling u get after reading a fabulous book.
U know the one…
And still craving more! I really, really want to get my hands on the next one. I think it’s called ‘Scardown’ … yup. That’s it. But it’s only out on June 28th. and that’s the release date in the US!!!! Which means it’s not going to get here for ages!!!!!!!!!! Aurgh.
: ( that is a sad face moment in my book… (heh heh. No pun intended. Seriously. Sorry. That was really, really bad. Even if it was totally accidental. Which I swear it was) …
anyway. That’s all I really wanted to say for today.
Now I should probably go to bed. It’s only 12:40 but I’m still convalescing. SO. Plenty of rest required. Went out of the house for the first time in four days today… but since it was only to college (blech) that really doesn’t count. I want to eat bacon… sorry random thought… it’s just that I’ve been craving all this salty, fried stuff. U know. French fries… Bacon… Sev… I think it’s the taste extremes. Also want blackforrest cake… and chocolate mouse and some really sour stuff too… raw mango heading the top of that list! But preferably thothapurri Hmmm… guess I’m getting better and want stuff I can actually taste. : ) he he
Okie… time to either go to bed, or get a midnight snack
So gnite

No comments: